About Minecraft Aether 2 Mod
A very extensive mod for Minecraft adding in an opposite realm to the Nether.
The Aether 2 is the sequel to the Aether I. Much has changed since the days of the Aether I, but it still remains a collaboration between people from various different disciplines with a shared goal of creating a new and unique dimension.
The Aether introduces several huge mechanical features to enhance the experience both in the Aether and everywhere else in Minecraft.
First of all is the party system. Previously in Minecraft, the only real way to form a group with others without having to worry about things such as friendly fire were from overlaying plugins such as factions or towny over a Minecraft server. Now with the party system, you can form a party with your friends, complete with an overlay UI which lets you see who’s in your party, their health, their hunger, their armour and the amount of coins they have, without the need for plugins! Players can name their own party, and the maximum party size is 10 players.
One of the features we have worked on for this release is the dungeon system. This system isolates dungeons from the main world and functions with the party system. Dungeon blocks regenerate instantly if broken, meaning no one can get inside even with creative mode. Instead of players rushing into a dungeon and demolishing whatever’s there and looting, the dungeon system requires players to form a party first. When the party is ready, you simply right-click on the dungeon door and everyone confirms if they’re ready. Since a party can only have up to 10 players, dungeons will present a decent challenge to players. Only one party can be present in a dungeon at any given time.
Dungeons have three modes. The first mode is “available” meaning the dungeon is free for any party to enter. The second mode is “occupied”, meaning a party is already inside the dungeon. The third mode is “conquered”, which occurs after a player in your party has exhausted that dungeon. A dungeon becomes exhausted for a player either after the player finishes it or leaves when inside the dungeon three times. This prevents players from running the same dungeon for easy loot.
Dungeons also regenerate their loot, mini-bosses and bosses after a party leaves it, meaning that content is available for other parties. This ensures everyone gets a chance at dungeons, rather than whoever gets there first.
The first dungeon that this mod had added is the Sliders’ Labyrinth. This dungeon expands an entireisland, meaning you’ll have no shortage of loot to grab, enemies to fight or chambers to explore!
The dungeon has three mini bosses which must be defeated before you can gain access to the final boss, the Slider. There’s a couple of new twists with this boss, so be careful!
Moas, peaceful and majestic giant birds, populate the Aether in three different colours: Blue, White and Black. Wild Moas cannot be tamed, but they do occasionally drop eggs of their respective colour. These eggs can be incubated with the Incubator block (using Ambrosium Torches). Once incubated, they can be fed with the Aechor Petals of Aechor Plants. They require 8 petals in total to grow, but are not always hungry and will occasionally refuse your offer (which can be done by right clicking them with the Aechor Petal). When grown, you have now completely tamed the Moa, and a saddle can be placed on their backs to ride. Blue Moas can perform 3 mid-air jumps, White Moas can perform 4 mid-air jumps, and Black Moas can perform 8 mid-air jumps.
Flying Pigs can also be found wandering around the Aether, and occasionally flying freely through the air. These creatures can be saddled with a Saddle, and flown around without having to deal with a taming process. This allows players to quickly hop into the action. However, Flying Pigs can only jump once, and do not have the privilege of mid-air jumps like the powerful flying Moas.
Aerwhales, the gentle giants of the Aether, can be found floating in the horizon, munching on Golden Oaks and strips of Blue Aerclouds as the sun climbs higher in the sky. When the sun falls.
Cockatrices crawl away from their well-hidden nests, ready to attack. Peaceful as they may seem, these deadly birds shoot poisonous needles at you when provoked. They are one of the few hostile mobs in the Aether.
The Aether 2 Mod Launcher automatically installs everything you need without any hassle. It updates automatically, so you’ll never have to check this page again, theoretically! For the modding wizzes, it installs everything in %appdata%/roaming/.aether/, so you can still manage everything you need.
- Go to The Aether Crafting page
Installation Aether 2 Mod:
For 1.6.2 without the launcher
- Download and install Minecraft Forge installer
- Download The Aether II for 1.6.2, Player Core API and The Threaded Lightning
- Run the Forge Installer and make sure Install Client is selected. Then click OK or change the destination folder if you’re not using the default location.
- On the Minecraft launcher, select the profile called “Forge”, and launch the game to make sure it runs
- Go to .minecraft (type “%appdata%” in the windows search bar and hit enter, then go to the folder called .minecraft)
- Copy the three files you downloaded to the folder called “mods”
- Now run the profile called Forge and you’re ready to play!
- Download and install Minecraft Forge installer
- Download Aether II Mod
- Open the file you downloaded, “aether_1.5.2_1.0.zip”, using winRAR and extract the contents in the .minecraft folder. Now it should be working fine!
- Play and Enjoy
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download Player API; Player Render API
- Go to your search bar, type %appdata% and hit enter.
- When inside the Roaming folder, go inside the .minecraft folder.
- From there, go to the bin folder and open minecraft.jar file with WinRAR or another program that can open it.
- Put the files from Forge, Player API and Player Render into your minecraft.jar file (in order of Forge first, Player API and Render Player API second).
- Go back to the .minecraft folder. If there isn’t a mods folder, please create one.
- Get the “AetherII_Alpha_v1.02_MC1.5.1.zip” file and put inside the mods folder. After that, it should be working fine! Enjoy the Aether, and watch the ledges.
- Updated to 1.6.2
- Created a launcher for convenient installation
- Created the Threaded Lightning mod to fix the performance problems
- Several bug fixes
DOWNLOAD Aether 2 Mod
For Minecraft 1.6.2
For Minecraft 1.5.2
For Minecraft 1.5.1
- Ex-coders: _303, Flan, Shockah, Kodaichi, Tundmatu
- Big helpers and testers: Pricemac, Brandon Potts, Tiktalik, Cojo
- Official Server: Budgetslots.nl, Stefantry, Joeyy, Crykura, vwsReconal
- Textures: Eons, Miclee
- Music Discs: Noisestorm, Moorziey
- Sound Effects: Deatron